If San Ignacio Belize isn’t on your “must-see” list for 2024, you’re going to miss out on one of the most amazing experiences the nation has to offer. Spend a day if it’s all the time you have – or make it a week. While you’re in town, don’t miss the following 6 experiences. Each one delivers memories you won’t forget.
1. Visit both Cahal Pech and Xunantunich, ancient Maya metropolises that take you back thousands of years to worlds of wonder and amazement. There are 34 structures at Cahal Pech that include temple-pyramids, courtyards, and apartments that were home to this thriving society.
2. Make your Cahal Pech stop perfect by staying at Cahal Pech Village Resort in close proximity to the ruin. Relax in a thatch-roofed cabana and feast your eyes on the lush valley below. Tropical gardens throughout the resort deliver the privacy you dream about and if you think the landscape is breathtaking, wait until you see posh room interiors filled with hand-crafted Belize furnishings and fabrics. Swim in freshwater pools and dine like a gourmet.
3. Fill your plate with Belize dishes that reflect the nation’s cultural mix: Creole, Mestizo, Maya, Garinagu, East Indians, Asians, and Mennonites. Choose a Belize vacation package and your meals are included. Authenticity is the name of the game and if you think the food is great, wait until you interact with warm, welcoming resort staff.
4. Put The Natural History Museum on your must-see list. You’ll learn about how continents shifted to form Central America and feast on lore associated with the Maya people, their religion, arts, and lifestyles. Discover more about Belize’s flora and fauna – including medicinal wonders growing in the country’s rain forests and jungles. Learn about butterflies, moths, insects, butterflies, and amphibians, too.
5. Canoe down the Macal River by day and celebrate a night out in San Ignacio Town by night. If you’ve never piloted a canoe, it’s a breeze. Paddle upstream or downstream, or just float along and bird watch from your canoe. Take a nap. You’ll want to see San Ignacio at night.
6. Take a chocolate-making class that teaches you to crush cacao beans before making treats that you’ll be proud to show off and no visit to this area is complete without strolling the San Ignacio Farmer's Market. It’s the heart of this society and it’s filled with fresh produce that you may never have tasted before.
Visit the market on Saturday and meet artisans selling everything from clothing to souvenirs and trinkets. You’ll want to add a few to your collection so you have fond memories of a town that is known to capture the hearts of visitors and you can walk there from your digs at Cahal Pech Resort.
Discover the charm of Cahal Pech Village Resort, the prime destination for your 2024 travels. This resort doesn't just promise a memorable stay with its stunning views and impeccable service; it ensures peace of mind, too. Ready to turn your dream Belize vacation into reality? Book your stay now and secure your spot at the resort that defines serenity and excitement. Experience the getaway you deserve at Cahal Pech Village Resort, where every moment is about your enjoyment and safety. Reserve your escape today!