Let the enchanting “2014 International Costa Maya Festival” be your pass to an exquisite line-up of Mundo Maya World delegates. It’s a pulsating showcase of talent and heritage, all bottled into one event held on Ambergris Caye, August 7th – 9th.
Be there, for the handing-over of the crown from “La Reina de La Costa Maya 2013 – 2014” MISS BELIZE, Destinee Arnold. Experience this extravaganza, as participating countries include: Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama and Belize!
All the excitement unfolds in the heart of Ambergris’ San Pedro Town, at the, Louis Cus Sylvester Sports Field located at the New Sunset Boardwalk.
There’s never been a better time to become acquainted with our Ancient Maya Legacy. First held in 1991 under the name “Sea & Air Festival”, this festival was birthed to connect the Mundo Maya World, while displaying the beauty of our heritage with the world!
The 1st night features the Miss Costa Maya International Pageant; the 2nd and 3rd night features cultural performances as well as concerts.
- Miss Costa Maya International Pageant (8:00 – 11:30 p.m.).
- Entertainment El Salvador’s “Grupo de Danza International Crash” and “Ballet Folklorico de Quintana Roo”.
- After Party under the Tent by “DJ JAX” of Miami.
- “Los Bailes de Centro America y Mexico” and “Ballet Folklorico de Quintana Roo”.
- Performance by “Garifuna Collective of Belize”.
- “Island Invasion and J. Boog”, Midnight – Until.
- Performances by “Industria Del Amor”.
- Belize Dance Company.
- Street Dance by “Grupo de Danza Internacional Crash of El Salvador”.
Be immersed in the traditions of these festivities as cultural entertainment both locally and internationally provides an experience like never-before on Ambergris Caye-San Pedro!
Discover how to be cultured as you soak-in the various genres of musical performances and not to mention the caliber of cultural influenced street-food, all available to you!
Photo and blog post courtesy of Belize Tourism Board