Are you ready to hit the road or the open skies? If your post-pandemic travel plans include a trip to Belize, we don't blame you. The tranquil beaches, pristine wildlife and clear blue skies will refresh your spirits. Belize is ready to welcome visitors. Here's what you need to know.
When Will Belize Open to International Tourists?
Belize will open its international airport on October 1, 2020. If you're visiting Belize, you must show:
- Registration on the Belize Health App, which is a contact tracing device. You must register within 72 hours of your flight.
- Doctor's certificate showing you don't have the coronavirus. This must be a COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of your flight.
- Proof of booking at a government-approved hotel.
Where Can You Stay in Belize? Are the Hotels Safe?
You can book your stay in confidence at any hotel or resort that has a Tourism Gold Standard certification from the Belize government. This certification only goes to hotels that have met a rigorous nine-point set of cleaning and safety standards.
What Are the Safety Protocols at the Belize Airport?
You must wear a mask and maintain social distancing at all times in the airport. After you go through immigration and customs, you can proceed to your transportation. Visitors must use Gold Standard transportation providers.
What Are the Belize Safe Corridors?
These are practices established by the Belize Tourism Board and Belize Ministry of Health to keep travelers and hospitality workers safe. Using the safe corridor means you'll only use Gold Standard, government-certified hotels, restaurants, transportation providers and tour operators. You will get temperature checks throughout your stay, and the results will be placed on the Belize Health App.
Tips for Safe Travel
- Follow the directions provided by your Gold Standard manager. Don't use providers that don't have the Gold Standard certification.
- Bring extra masks, gloves and sanitizer. You will have to wear masks and practice social distancing when you're in public.
Check for Changes
The coronavirus situation is fluid, and these regulations can change. To get the most recent news, check the Belize Tourism Board before you travel.
Enjoy the Best Belize Vacations at Cahal Pech Village Resort
Cahal Pech Village Resort is located in the heart of the wonderful Cayo District. Cahal Pech welcomes international visitors on November 1st 2020. We welcome everyone visiting Belize in November and beyond to stay with us.