Two weeks or one week, the time you spend in Belize is enough to take advantage of everything the country has to offer. Paired with the best places to stay across the country, Cahal Pech Village Resort is your one-stop for an exclusive Belize vacation itinerary that guarantees you see and do everything in a country that offers the best of both lush, mountainous jungle and warm, coastal reefs.
You'll start your journey inland at Cahal Pech Village Resort located in San Ignacio, Cayo. After settling into your accommodations, the next few days will be filled with taking in the beauty of nature and the majestic ancient Mayan cities.
Day 1 | Day 1-2:
- Land at Phillip Goldson International Airport.
- Visit the Belize Zoo on your way to Cahal Pech Village Resort
- Venture through the world-famous Actun Tunichil Muknal and experience the Mayan underworld firsthand.
- Spend the day in Guatemala exploring the ancient Mayan ruins at Tikal.
- Hike and birdwatch across the many trails carved through the dense Belizean rainforest.
Day 2 | Day 3-4:
- Go cave tubing through ceremonial Mayan caves or ziplining through the thick jungle canopy.
- Horseback ride through Xunantunich Mayan Ruins.
- Explore Mountain Pine Ridge and the ruins of Caracol. You can also swim Rio On Pool or hike through the Rio Frio Cave.
- Take a leisurely tour through San Ignacio Town.
- Canoe the meandering Macal River.
Once the mainland has been explored, it's time to head south to some of the most beautiful beaches in all of Belize. Cahal Pech Village Resort will connect you with Tropic Air, the local airline, as well as the best lodgings and itinerary in Placencia. Only an hour and 15 minute flight, you'll be able to start the next leg of your journey immediately. (Cahal Pech Village Resort can also drive you to Placencia. The ride is approximately 3 hours.)
Day 3 | Day 5-6:
- Relax on the white sandy beaches.
- Snorkel or scuba dive at the Gladden Split Marine Reserve, Laughing Bird Caye or Silk Caye
- Head to Tutti Frutti for world-renowned gelato.
Day 4 | Day 7-8:
- Search for the Belize jaguar as you hike through Cockscomb Basin
- Enjoy a wildlife tour along the banks of the Monkey River.
Now it's time to kick off your final stretch of the journey island hopping. Cahal Pech Village Resort will send you to Caye Caulker for a truly tropical experience. Armed with an unbeatable itinerary, you'll take in the sea unlike ever before.
Day 5 | Day 9-10:
- Mark scuba diving the great Belize blue hole off of your bucket list.
- Snorkel the pristine Hol Chan Marine Reserve.
Day 6 | Day 11-12:
- Sail the clear waters of the Caribbean Sea.
- Spend a relaxing time fishing the coast.
Your journey ends with a stay on the most beautiful island in all of Belize. Only 30 minutes from Caye Caulker, you'll find yourself continually surrounded by warm, tropical breezes and breathtaking expanses of crystal turquoise water.
Day 7 | Day 13-14:
- Snorkel your way through Shark Ray Alley.
- Spend some time manatee spotting.
- Dive the beautiful depths of the Esmeralda Canyons.
- Marvel at the splendor of marine life in the Long Caye Aquarium.
- Finish your vacation with some fine dining in downtown San Pedro Town.